Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, April 23, 2015

3rd and DePere


The house I grew up was built by my grandfather in 1903 and my Mom lived there until 1986, so my family had many, many photos of my aunts and uncles and cousins taken over some 80+ years.   

Going through some of them the other day, I found this snapshot of my Aunt Esther and her son, my cousin Dick, visiting from Milwaukee and posing in my back yard.  I lived at the corner of 2nd and DePere Streets, so all too often, that 3rd Street intersection would appear in our family photos' background. 

This one was taken in the late 1930s/early 1940s, well before my time, but as I've said, I've gotten used to seeing time go by at that corner.  As a result, I've seen the evolution of the old Coonen's gas station in all its iterations over the years.  Gotta love those old cars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment