Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, April 25, 2022

Ten Years and Counting....


This is post no. 2185 and yesterday marked ten years of whatever this is...oh yeah, a blog that was designed to attract interest in a little book I did in conjunction with the Menasha Historical Society.  As regular readers of this blog can attest, I pull this photo out from time to time but especially on anniversaries.  This was the first photo used in the blog on April 24, 2012, a sidewalk sale-oriented postcard from circa 1969.  It's one of my favorites and likely was taken during Prospector Days. 

For this tenth anniversary, I considered long and hard as to what to do to commemorate the day.  Did it require a big event?  But then I thought some more and decided that quiet thanks were all I needed to offer and perhaps revisiting some old favorites from that first year during this anniversary week.   As I have been reminded by my critics, this is a niche business yet my discerning readership appreciates it for what it is.  So let me, once again, offer my great appreciation for your reading my blog over the last ten years. You've kept me going all this time.  As we embark on the eleventh year let me reiterate that I DO so value your interest, your questions, and your support for all you do for me.  And that extends to your Facebook posts, private emails, and suggestions for new topics.  THANK YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on providing interesting and informative historical content for ten years! Reading your blog is a great way to start my morning. Thanks so much for all your efforts, David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog and enjoy learning more about Menasha history. Thank you for all of these great posts David!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word and service to Menasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I own both Menasha and Neenah-Menasha books.

    ReplyDelete