Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, July 23, 2021

Don't "Brush Off" This Opportunity

July 22, 1957, Oshkosh Daily Northwestern

I ran across this item in the classifieds from this edition and I only bring it up because in the nine years we've done this blog, I think the Fuller Brush Company was mentioned exactly once, and that was in the context of the Green River Ordinance (look it up kids).  For those of you not in the know, this was exactly what it sounded like...door-to-door sales of brushes and cleaning gadgets and products by salesmen and saleswomen who covered the length and breadth of this country.  Now, the connection to Menasha as a result of this ad might be tenuous at best...it might just be a convenient mailing address.  But I can remember, as a child, a friendly man who came to our door and gave my stay-at-home Mom a sales pitch every now and then.  And for years, despite whether or not she bought their brushes, the company had a constant presence in our home, courtesy of the giveaway letter opener that featured the saleman on the handle (see below).  I wonder what ever happened to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment