Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, April 6, 2018

Spring Cleaning



April 12, 1952, Appleton Post-Crescent
When is the last time you saw a basket like the one in the top photo?  Is that a bushel basket? That's what we called it in my family, even if it didn't hold a true bushel. Perhaps some of us who do enough gardening or yard work have familiarity with such a thing, but for this city dweller who is decades removed from seeing one everyday, it reminds me of my grandparents who were master gardeners in my young eyes.  It was such a common thing that you didn't even give it a second thought.  Their shed had lots of them piled up.  And are those barrels in the lower photo?  So fitting for a town that, in that era, still had a factory turning out barrels and pails.  Today, it's be a plastic barrel for cleaning or a cherry picker to bring the shades down.  These photos look like the old days.

1 comment:

  1. I read your articles and found the article is informational! I beginning late unearthed and it, and wish I'd seen it sooner, It's essential for the home, Bond cleaning Newtown | End of lease cleaning North Sydney | Bond cleaning North Sydney shares some more assessment or substance-related cleaning. Appreciative for sharing.

    ReplyDelete