This map shows the locations of the earliest schools of the Twin Cities. No. 8, the Clinton School, was located at what is now the soccer field of Smith Park. Named for the Reverend O.P. Clinton, Menasha's earliest clergyman, the school existed from 1878 to 1894. No. 6, on Water Street, is generally accepted as being the first school in Menasha, started in 1849. No. 7, at Broad and Milwaukee Streets, sat across the street from the Congregational Church.