Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Eve

 November 26, 1959 Appleton Post-Crescent
 
With the holiday season upon us, let's look back to the holiday preparations across the Fox Valley in 1959.  For Menasha, extended shopping hours and a visit from Santa via the firemen's float. Some things never change. 
 
I will be taking a respite from this blog for the next few days to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with my family.  At this time, my thoughts turn gratefully to you with warm appreciation for your interest and support for this little endeavor of mine.  I wish you a holiday filled with warm moments and cherished memories of time with your families.  See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you to!! I wonder if Menasha or Neenah had Christmas parades like Appletons in the past just not as big. I see your book online. Just might buy it.

    ReplyDelete