Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, April 23, 2021

Nine Special Years

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, comes the ninth anniversary of your favorite blog. (At least, I hope it's one of your likes.)  On April 24, 2012, I began this venture; today, this is blog post # 2176.  How'd we ever get this far?!  

For you regulars, you know the whole story of how I used this blog to promote the Menasha book which originated as a fundraiser for the Menasha Historical Society.  It continues in that role to this day; to me, it was a great investment in the city that nurtured me.  But aside from the pleasure in knowing the book helps support a great institution, it led me to a terrific venue to express and educate, make fun occasionally, but most importantly, give honor to a great place to have grown up in.  

From my home one thousand miles away in South Carolina (an odd circumstance, if you've ever heard one), keeping in touch with Menasha has been a challenge at times but not one without great benefits, as my ability to remain focused in the past while presenting all this isn't hampered much.  Despite all the changes on Main Street, my mind is rooted in the image of a downtown you see at the masthead of this blog each and every day.  Technology allows me the privilege of coming to you five days a week to share some historical tidbit or trivial matter regarding the old hometown.

So, once again, let me thank you for your interest, your posts, your emails, your contributions, and especially for your time.  Many of you have told me how much you enjoy my efforts on this project; that means the world to me.  On Monday, we shall begin year number ten.  See you then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment