Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Good Life...Through Progress

June 30, 1976, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
This bicentennial message from 1976 represents my feelings about Menasha as I also declare that this is the 1000th post to this blog!  And although these words were written almost forty years ago, the sentiments expressed within this ad, I feel, are as accurate for the city today, as they were back then.  The text reminds me of what I wrote on the back of the book in 2012 and have carried over as a mission statement, as it were, for this blog.  The names may have changed over forty years, but Menasha continues onward with new hopes and dreams for a brighter future.  Now, onto the next 1000 posts!

1 comment:

  1. Dave, I would agree with your feeling about Menasha and the article , other than maintaining the title of "the industrial city". We have lost downtown and office presence of Menasha Corp now located in Neenah, Banta, Gilbert, Arkosil, Albany Wire Works, Whiting, and now Marathon(Graphic packaging). I sure I am amiss regarding many smaller industries as well.

    ReplyDelete