from the 1882 Wisconsin Gazeteer and Business Directory
The Lake View House was at the east end of Main Street and later was renamed as the Fox River House, when it took on new ownership by the Maurer family. It was a farmers' hotel, with a large stable and yard in back for the horses and wagons. We first encountered this establishment in a 2012 blog post: http://menashabook.blogspot.com/2012/05/fox-river-house.html where there is a nice photo of it.
1884 Sanborn Insurance Map showing the location of the Lake View House on Main Street
Joseph Jarvis, the proprietor listed in this advertisement, spent seven years doing that job until he ran for city treasurer and was elected in 1888.