Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, January 29, 2015

CNW Station 1969


Passenger service with the Chicago and NorthWestern was still in operation when this photo was taken in 1969. It looks like a train just came in, from the activity on the platform.  Interesting composition of this photo...no train shown, the looming bricks on the right, the telephone pole obliterating the name sign.  My guess is that this was just one of a series of photos meant to highlight the station property per se.  I have no other context to explain this.

2 comments:

  1. My parents, sister and I went through that station when visiting family friends in Menasha. I was ten and my sister eight so it was a great adventure for us. as kids. Any other photos of this grand station? Loved the book on Menasha. Hope there will be a sequel!!
    Peter B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the one on the way to Neenah I wish they'd have a small museum there. My son loves trains and peers in the windows only to see office space.

    ReplyDelete