Menasha city firemen pose in front of the combination city hall and fire station in this undated photograph. As most of us already know, the building was constructed in 1885 and was located on Main Street. The fire department occupied the lower level and the city offices were on the second floor. This building was torn down in the 1980s. Originally, horses were stabled to the right of the building before motorized fire trucks became commonplace.
Since 2003, the Twin Cities have been served by the Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue, formed by the merger of the Neenah and the Menasha Fire Departments.