Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, June 22, 2012

All Aboard!


Milwaukee and Northern Engine No. 18 idles at the Menasha depot. With the building of the Wisconsin Central Railroad, a branch of the Milwaukee and Northern was built from Menasha to Hilbert in 1871 to give the Wisconsin Central a connection to Milwaukee. Eventually, the line was sold to the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific, better known as the “Milwaukee Road.”

Let me take the time to mention my appearance at the Menasha Public Library next Thursday, June 28th at 7 pm.  I will talk about the evolution of the book, show some photographs that didn't make the cut, and elicit some of your own reminiscences about Menasha.  Perhaps, you'll like what you've seen and maybe I can sell you a copy.  (Of course, I really know that you're coming for the free cookies!)  But please join me in celebrating this fine town on the 28th.  I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment