Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, June 26, 2020

Illegal


July 2, 1968, Twin City News-Record
June 25, 1968, Twin City News-Record
June 28, 1968, Twin City News-Record
With the Fourth of July holiday rapidly approaching, we'll soon hear the retorts of fireworks.  While not living in the state anymore, I'm not sure about the fireworks laws currently.  But when I was a boy in the late '60's, my Air Force brother brought me several packages of forbidden firecrackers from out of state (I think he was stationed in South Dakota at the time).  I can't relate properly the heady feeling it gave me to have the verboten devices and what a big shot I felt like (or so I thought) because I was the cool "bad" boy.  Needless to say, local merchants capitalized on this ban and ensured we had access to all the approved "fun things."

No comments:

Post a Comment