Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, July 16, 2018

Fill 'er Up

July 8, 1982, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
The pump has been gone for quite some time now...heck, the water tower is gone as well, but memories remain of that jaunt down the street to get some cool, refreshing water.  I grew up in a time when that pump wasn't the only source of water for a thirsty kid, riding his bike around town.  I seem to recall a pump or at least a fountain at First and Appleton Streets and, of course, the old bubbler on Main Street at the foot of the Racine Street Bridge on the south side of Main.  I'm sure there were others I cannot recall, but that was my habitat.  Ah, memories.

1 comment:

  1. This was once the first family of Menasha. Parents owned Menasha Hotel. Mom a teacher at Maplewood. dad the Mayor of Menasha . and eventually both of these kids worked for the Menasha police department as CSO's.

    ReplyDelete