Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, July 27, 2018

Banta Indian

July 26, 1973, Twin City News-Record
Friend to the blog, Don Nussbaum, was kind enough to send this photo along.  Contained within the centennial edition of the News-Record, this guy had been eluding me for years.  As I told Don, it's amazing how something taken for granted all those years ago would be so elusive in showing itself in the media of the time.  But then I did a last minute Google search before I posted this and found the following post from Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/MenashaForum/permalink/776988125736797/

If I had looked a bit more diligently (or recently), I could have had a similar photo two years ago!  Not sure how I missed that, as much as I use Facebook, but despite my shortcomings, let me say I am encouraged and delighted by the embrace of history by those residents (and past ones, like myself) who have a passion for Menasha and go the extra mile to do some research.  Everyone can, and often does, contribute.  As a result, we all benefit.  My hat is off to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment