Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Book Week


November 21, 1956, Appleton Post-Crescent

Ah yes, I remember those habits only too well.  Unfortunately, when Vatican II came about around 1963 or so, the nuns evolved into wearing more streamlined habits and as a result, Sister Mary (Fill in the blank) could now turn around more quickly and catch this little guy doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing!  One of the downfalls of progress, according to my little mind at the time.  

2 comments:

  1. O ya. I think she was the one who whacked me with a screwdriver as I ran by in the hall of St Marys back in the early 60s. Boy that hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that nun very well. I was terrified of her so much that I would freeze when trying to repeat my first communion mantras. She knocked me around a few times.

    ReplyDelete