Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, November 7, 2022

More Tubes


 September 24, 1956, The Times (Shreveport, LA)
Hearkening back to our post from last week mentioning TV tube testing machines that inhabited groceries and pharmacies nationwide, this article explains the concept more fully.  Of course, it wasn't as easy as it looked...one would have to first identify the suspected defective tube, wander down to the store, test it (or the many others you brought with you), then go home with the recommended replacement and hope for the best.  I recall my dad making many trips one night to that fateful machine in the Neenah Food Queen, grumbling the whole time because he'd picked the wrong one.  I think I stayed home during the second trip to the store for I feared he was wrong again, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment