Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Every Monday and Tuesday!

 

June 23, 1963, Appleton Post-Crescent
Regular readers of the blog know the author has fond memories of Valley Fair.  So it is with great glee that he presents these value-laden coupons for stores long forgotten by the masses.  But within his nostalgic perspective, he holds them near and dear as fundamental to his childhood memories as the big slide, the farmers markets, the car shows, and the carnival rides. 

2 comments:

  1. When did the author begin referring to himself in the third person? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in Menaha 1988 thru 1996, always enjoyed the Valley Fair Mall (I am back in Ohio). I renumber the Mall Walkers, inside, a one-mile walk was three times around. I enjoyed the walk and would try to talk my husband Don to go with me. During our many walks the second time around, he would disappear. Don would stop for ice cream, great memories. R.I.P. Don. Blessings everyone, Kathleen (Kate Dean) Ridenour

    ReplyDelete