Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, February 10, 2022

At Your Service

February 23, 1969, Appleton Post-Crescent

The staff of the First National Bank stand at the ready to fulfill all your banking needs, even while wearing what looks to be a uniform in the top photograph.  I liked banking there.  If I had more involved business, I'd park at the back, enter the back door and take the escalator up to the main lobby.  I think it was the only escalator in the city, now that I think about it. 

1 comment:

  1. I worked at FNB-Menasha in the 1980s and several of the folks in this 1969 advertisement were among my co-workers. The top photo was always referred to as "Ed and his Girls." Nice guy, that Ed Cross! Linda Smith married bank officer Tom Hahn and was my manager for a time. FNB-Menasha was a truly great place to work with a great bunch of people. Every month on Social Security Day (the Third of the month), we brought in boxes of Manderfield's cookies for our customers to enjoy with coffee while visiting in the lobby. Good times!

    ReplyDelete