Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, September 30, 2019

The House of Good Tastes

October 30, 1967, Twin City News-Record
I've been looking for a photo of the old place and this drawing, incorporated into their ad is the best I can come up with at the moment.   If memory serves me correctly, Dave's was the first fast food hamburger I ever had, and it cost something like 15 cents at the time.  Later, it became the place to go to end an evening out with the guys.  Ah, such good memories. 

2 comments:

  1. My Grama Cecelia Kosloski lived DIRECTLY across the street. We would visit her and immediately upon arrival would beg for a bag of Burgers and Fries. Loved the hippo trash can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived at the corner of 5th & Racine. I remember the "Dilly Bars" and was happy to get a free one once in awhile. Later I remember having their Double double.

    ReplyDelete