Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, September 10, 2018

$2.50 Service Call

September 10, 1958, Appleton Post-Crescent
A fleet of service trucks lay at the wait to travel the valley, providing the best appliance service available to its customers.  And at the anniversary price of $2.50, you'd wish your TV was on the fritz to save like that!  (Seriously though, coming home from school to an empty TV cabinet was a bit of a shock and an even bigger let down, since my family only had the one TV in those days and I LIVED for television!) And, full disclosure, it was a Zenith and my father wouldn't let anybody but the dealer we bought it from, touch it, and that was Suess TV in Appleton.

1 comment:

  1. I note the mention of Bob Peterson. I recall a program he had on WNAM called "Carnival of Music". He would close the hour-long set with Jim Reeves singing "Adios Amigo". I sure wish I could find recordings of those old shows.

    ReplyDelete