Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, August 24, 2018

TIL (Today I Learned....)

July 20, 1994, Twin City News-Record
I found this photo in one of those "Back in Time" columns in the News-Record.  I had used this photo before in my first book and may have even featured it in this blog.  But until I read the caption today, I did not remember that the old fountain from the Hotel Menasha's addition had been moved to the Smith Park gardens.  I've since found reference to it in the book, Memories of Doty Island - A Link Between Two Cities.   
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Readers, I am taking the next week off from the blog so I shall see you back here on Tuesday, September 4th.  Until then, enjoy your week (and your holiday weekend.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment