Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, June 15, 2018

Mark of Summer


June 24, 1964, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
Living three blocks west of Jefferson Park while growing up, it was a definite rite of the season every year to hear the engines racing from that direction on a certain weekend every summer.  While I didn't care that much for the action on the water, I was more than happy to partake of the events and concessions within the park and the usual fireworks that concluded the event.

1 comment:

  1. Used to spend the whole day at the park during the boat races, trying to get as close to the crews as possible. I used to help when they would let me. I remember one time I jumped into the water to help hold one of the boats while the driver started the motor. I was really excited until I realized that one of my front pants pockets was chocked full of candy I just bought at the concession stand. Nothing like eating a soggy zagnut bar.

    ReplyDelete