July 23, 1958, Appleton Post-Crescent
When the Menasha school board named this school, it paid tribute to two long-standing Menasha citizens, Mrs. John Clovis and her grandson, Al Grove. Mrs. Clovis owned a dry goods store on Main Street (remember Grove's Clothing Store?) as well as the farm the school now resides on. Mr. Grove donated the land in 1948 to the city in memory of his grandmother and his mother, Ida Grove. As we all know, the remaining land not utilized for the school became Clovis Park.