Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, February 3, 2017

Super Bowl I

January 16, 1967, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
In anticipation of Sunday's Super Bowl, I present you with Super Bowl I.  (With the current Packers falling a game short of making an appearance in the big game, this is the best I can do.) I know that I watched the game on TV, but my only exceptional memory of it was remembering it odd for the game to be broadcast on two networks at the same time.  Needless to say, as Packers fans, we watched the CBS broadcast as that was what we were used to and enjoyed their announcers, especially Ray Scott, who was sort of the de facto TV voice of the Packers in the '60s.  And to make this post legitimate, there's a couple small Menasha stories in there, to include the mystery person who hung the Packers' banner on the downtown flag pole in the aftermath of the game.  Packers fandom always shows itself in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment