Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, November 28, 2016

Yours for Only $1.00

November 27, 1968, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
Growing up, we weren't Bank of Menasha customers, so I didn't have the pleasure of getting this dandy album for a dollar with a Christmas Club account.  But I do seem to recall similar albums being offered at Firestone and remember one in my parents' record collection amongst various polka albums, Frankie Laine, and Mitch Miller.  And a quick check of eBay reveals that it can be had today for the low price of $2.50 with $4.00 shipping!  I'm sure some of us still have record players if you are so inclined.... 

1 comment:

  1. Great memory. Our source of the $1 Christmas album was Firestone Tires. We now have a digital version of the late 1960s Ray Coniff Singers' version of "Frosty the Snowman" that was, and still is, played for my son each Christmas morning. He is now 43.
    Jim Krahenbuhl

    ReplyDelete