Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sample Ballot

November 1, 1976, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern
As a kid, I always liked seeing the sample ballots printed in the newspaper.  I had always thought the polling place was a mysterious affair, although I do remember accompanying my Mom or Dad to Jefferson School as a little boy and was enamored with the whole "pull-the-handle-and-the-curtain-closes" thing.  I recall cutting the ballot out of the paper and pretending for a few minutes that I was casting my own, even though I'm sure I knew nothing beyond the TV ads I'd seen about the candidates.  Now, of course, at my age, any air of mystery is long gone and I know the candidates and their views, ad nauseum.  Nevertheless, it's the right thing to do, so go vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment