Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wittmann's Funland


As we approach the end of summer, I can't help but remember summers past and all the fun we had at this place.  One of my fondest memories is cajoling my big brother, who was then on leave from the Air Force, to take me to this place when I was a small boy.  What more fun could I have had- having my boyhood hero all to myself for an afternoon at the greatest entertainment venue this seven year old had ever seen!  This photo from around 1965 is just as I remember it.

5 comments:

  1. I sure did my share of bouncing on those trampolines. Way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad its gone now.I got to take my son here before its demise when he was 4. He is 12 now. I hope someone rebuilds it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the place that at one time had go karts and a slippery seal slide.
    (I’m “not” thinking of the ones at Valley Fair.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May even had a mini golf course at one time.

    ReplyDelete