Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Twenty-Five Year Club



 
I came across the above materials the other day while going through some old papers of my Mom's.  It's from a 1965 edition of The Nightmare, the Banta Publishing Company's in-house newspaper.  You can see why my Mom retained this; I doubt my father ever got such good press until the day he died and his obituary then, if I recall, didn't have as much good anecdotal stuff as this did.   

My father went on to register 41 years at the company before he retired and I know they had a dinner for him then when he left, but that was for his career.   With the way people are employed nowadays and go from job to job, do companies even do such things anymore...that is, have banquets for longevity?

No comments:

Post a Comment