Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, May 19, 2014

Extending Our Heartiest Thanks

 
May 14, 1968 NM Northwestern
 
I have fond memories of attending birthday parties here while in grade school around this time frame.  In fact, I think it was my first exposure to bowling, beyond what I saw on television.  Remember that bowling show Channel 2 used to have on Saturday afternoons?
 
But I find it a bit curious that the ad declares its location 1/2 mile west of Waverly, thereby directing customers coming from Calumet County or Appleton via Highway 10/114 or Manitowoc Road, more so than from Menasha proper.  Or was the assumption that if you lived in town, you would just know it was out there?  To me, this strategy would have made more sense if this ad had been published in the Post-Crescent which serviced those areas more than the Northwestern.

No comments:

Post a Comment