Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, April 19, 2013

Menasha Lock and Trestle Trail




The Menasha lock is adjacent to the Fox Cities Trestle Trail.  Converted into a pedestrian bridge,  this abandoned railroad trestle is 0.8 miles long and crosses Little Lake Butte des Morts. The trail begins near the lock and ends at Fritse Park in the Town of Menasha.

Officially opened on August 27, 2005, the trail has proven to be extremely popular with local residents and visitors to the Fox Cities.  The lighted pedestrian bridge is the longest in Wisconsin and includes a center pavilion area with seating, and several fishing platforms along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any old pictures of the town of Menasha east of the lake? I grew up on Dunning Street and remember the meadows in the 80s before rhe fancy houses and the tr county went up. And I remember Mikes Town and Country and an old octogon shaped gas station. I miss my wagon rides through those meadows and my mom remembers the Buss's farm on Racine Street. My name is Sheila Ramirez email is sheila.ramirezkaos1@gmail.com or find me on facebook

    ReplyDelete