Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Benefit

 April 5, 1965, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern

Shades of the Harlem Globetrotters, this football-style exhibition on the Menasha High basketball court had to have been a tongue-in-cheek hit, knowing how beloved the Packers are (and were).  And since we were all in on the joke, it made it even more of a fun time.  Why, just look at the faces in the stands.  Menasha had a long history of such antics, to include donkey basketball games and semi-pro softball exhibitions, such as The King and His Court.  What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I attended that game! It's the only time I went to a Packer game. I wish the resolution was a little better, I think I see myself in the background next to my Mom. I think they did that play only once during the game, it was a big hit with the crowd. Bart threw a pass and the receiver made a basket. The crowd went wild!

    ReplyDelete