Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Kiddie Time

November 23, 1948, Menasha Record

What a great babysitting service the Brin did by providing a kid's program in conjunction with the Thanksgiving holiday.  It wasn't touted as such, but it did give busy Moms a chance to do other things, like maybe putting more money into the local economy by doing some Christmas shopping while the kids were being entertained.  I'm sure somebody from the Menasha Businessmens' Association saw the benefits in that and practically begged the local theaters to open up for such a program.  Special note: notice all the neighborhood groceries that were still resident in Menasha, from where the free tickets were available.

1 comment:

  1. I wish they would have put addresses on the store names. I used to think I knew where all the old grocery stores were, but this posting tells me I didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete