Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, July 29, 2013

Banta Picnic



July 15, 1960 Appleton Post-Crescent

I can only speak from personal experience but one of the highlights of the summer for me growing up, was always the Banta picnic.  As a child of a life-long Banta employee, I thought I had the proverbial keys to the kingdom, though I know other kids had company or office picnics to attend and I'm sure theirs were just as good,.  Wish I had some festive photos to illustrate my point. 

2 comments:

  1. My father, Carl Forslund, mentioned in the article, was also a life-long Banta Employee. I recall each of us kids receiving a brown paper bag filled with goodies. My dad passed away Feb. 2, 2012. Thanks for the happy memory.
    Marianne Forslund Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. We waited for this every year. My dad, Gordon Meier, was a lifer there too. I remember the balloon and egg throwing contest. Got an egg on the head one year.

    ReplyDelete