Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Best Dad


June 6, 1962, Twin City News-Record
What kid wouldn't be attracted to such an opportunity?!  I can only hope the "many" gifts for Dad were just as exciting to him as the prospect of a new bicycle would be to any kid.  But hey, it's not every day that a son or daughter gets to tell the Twin Cities how great his or her father is.  And wouldn't that be prize enough for him?  Case in point...when my father passed away, I found in his dresser drawer a third grade composition that I had written about him, extolling his virtues.  I can't tell you what a bittersweet moment that was.  
*********************************************************************************************
Changes are in the offing, through no desire of my own.  This blog uses the "FollowByEmail"    widget which allows you to get my daily posts via email without having to visit the blog's website.  But recently, the team running this released an announcement telling me that the email subscription service will be unfortunately discontinued sometime next month.

After July, automated emails to my loyal subscribers to this blog will no longer be supported. I looked it up and it affects about 130 of you.

Your choice after the email goes away will be to either habitually visit the blog at http://menashabook.blogspot.com or to sign up to a future free email site that I am looking into as we speak.  More details are to follow.  Of course, there will be no cost to you and I am hoping it will be as easy a procedure as when you first gave me your email address to forward blog posts to you.  I will keep you posted.  And as always, thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment