Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, January 22, 2021

Another Day in the Books

Let's end the week with another gem, this time from the 1957 MHS yearbook.  Blame the yearbook staff for the rough merge of the photo to fit on two pages, but you get the drift.  This tableau was what you saw when you opened the cover to the book that year and was also the closing image for the book.  Curious guy that I am, I researched and learned that these two pages are known as the "pastedown end paper" and the "free endpaper."  (My father, a bindery employee at Banta's would have been proud.)  Whatever the case, I took this image to be the end of yet, another school day, and perhaps the end of a long week for them as well.  I'll see you next week; have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. My Grandfather worked at and retired from Banta's, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete