Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Electro-Polished Point

September 7, 1955, Appleton Post-Crescent
This "old school" pen brings back memories of my older siblings attending classes at St. Mary's High in the mid-'60's.  I'm not sure if the school was holding on to the old ways but I recall my brother going to school wearing the infamous, what we now consider nerdy, pocket protector because the school required the use of these old style ink pens and they had a tendency to leak.  Many a white shirt pocket was in danger of the Scripto blue ink stains.  Now, by the time I saw them in use, the pens actually had ink cartridges which made ink bottles unnecessary, but it was still imperfect.  Luckily, by the time I reached high school some six years later, there was no more requirement for them and Bic ball points were good enough.  Maybe it was the nuns' idea?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment