Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Thursday, March 9, 2017

"Up Front" Where They Belong!

March 16, 1962, Oshkosh Daily Northwestern
Without its own newspaper for many years, the Twin Cities always seemed to play second fiddle to our neighbors to the north and south.  While The Post-Crescent carried Neenah-Menasha news stories on a regular basis and in a more in-depth manner in the weekly Twin City News Record supplement, the Northwestern embraced Neenah-Menasha in a way the other paper did not.  In 1964, this edition would be renamed the Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern. 

1 comment:

  1. My brothers and I, all six of us delivered the paper, we all went on trips for selling subscriptions, too. The oldest brothers, twins Bill and Tom were front row observers to the riots in Chicago in the late 60's - I remember my parents sick with worry seeing the news reports on television! What memories! I myself was at Great America the weekend before the official grand opening, went to Canada and toured the Ford plant in Dearborn...those yellow 1974 LTD's coming off the assembly lines are still etched in my memories. What fun, and what a good local newspaper it was.

    ReplyDelete