Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, January 25, 2016

Soot

January 20, 1937, Appleton Post-Crescent
Living in an industrial town brings its own special problems.  Growing up, I don't recall much said about this situation in Menasha.  Of course, that was in the '60s and '70s so measures to mitigate the problem had already been implemented, I would imagine.  But I do recall stories that occasionally came up in the newspapers for the families living around the Neenah Foundry near Winneconne Avenue.  I can only imagine the problems they faced.

1 comment:

  1. Great article and I don't know how you keep the Blog so interesting. It is very timely considering the present environmental concerns and laws.

    Thanks for supporting our interest in Menasha's history!!!

    TK

    ReplyDelete