Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, October 7, 2024

Exposure

 October 7, 1981, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern

Remember when we'd take photos to be processed and we marveled at the one-hour turn around time?  Or being impresssed by receiving a free roll of film for just taking them in to be processed?  Or receiving a free second set of prints?  Today, we just take photos with that handy camera that's in our pocket always and we seldom print them out, being just content to show them off on our phone.  I can't remember the last time I had a photo printed.  What does that say about us?

2 comments:

  1. Back when I had a much more finite number of exposures available, and the cost (in time and money) of getting those exposures to a viewable state, I was much more careful in composing and framing those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, it's so easy to just hit the delete button when you don't like a shot.

    ReplyDelete