Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Friday, January 31, 2020

Ice Conditions

February 7, 1983, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern

What a difference ten days can make, but then experienced anglers in the area surely are used to this.  And I'm not convinced that that is the Menasha water tower in the background. The name escapes me now, but I believe that tower belongs to a plant on that side.  Moreover, the Menasha tower on Ahnaip Street was rather bulbous on top, unlike this one.

February 18, 1983, Neenah-Menasha Daily Northwestern

3 comments:

  1. Is the water tower in question the one that had "Stowe Woodward" painted on it? If memory serves me correctly the (former) Town of Menasha did some digging and found it was their water tower and no records of permission granted for the company name painted on it. Maybe that's another story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right. For the life of me, I couldn't come up with that name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Anonymous is correct. Several years ago, they had "SW" painted on this tower for Stowe Woodward. Google October 2016 imagery shows the words "Stowe Woodward" painted on the tower along with a rendering of the 441 Bridge and the words "Town of Menasha." I don't know if they have now changed this to "Fox Crossing." BTW, Stowe Woodward fabricates covers for the steel rolls used to make paper.

    ReplyDelete