Pages

Downtown 1958

Downtown 1958

Monday, August 20, 2018

Shoers for Forty-Two Years

August 22, 1918, Menasha Record
Since 1876, Tuchscherer's brought style to Menasha, an example of which is shown above.  For over one hundred years the store on the corner of Mill and Main kept our feet in stylish, and functional, condition.  Before that location, the shoe store had a presence nearer the old circle, where Menasha Furniture used to be, at Milwaukee and Chute Streets.  Earlier this year, we detailed the end of this business in 1987:  https://menashabook.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-other-shoe-drops.html

1 comment:

  1. We had family that worked there, repairing shoes. I was too young to remember ever buying shoes there, though my parents might have. I DO remember going there to have my shoes repaired (I was hell on wheels for tearing up shoes!). I have always wondered if the Tuchscherer name was a blended name? The family link we had to the business last name was Scherer, which is why I wonder.

    ReplyDelete